Saturday, November 29, 2008

Earth's Biggest Ditch

So on the day before Thanksgiving I was able to finally go see the Grand Canyon.  My friend Jenna and I undertook the 2 1/2 hour drive through nonstop rain (yes, it actually rained everywhere in Arizona for 2 days straight) to get to the Grand Canyon National Park.  We spent about 3 hours driving around the south rim and stopping off at various overlook points to get the pictures.  It was quite cold (about 40 degrees, which for us is now considered freezing) and very cloudy throughout the trip but we still managed to have a good visit and see some breathtaking scenery.

Here is the required "me in front of the Grand Canyon with British tourists behind me" picture:



In the middle of this picture you can see the Colorado River which continues to carve out the Grand Canyon to this day...

And finally, this picture was my favorite of the trip.  I took this at an overlook west of Grand Canyon Village with the sun peeking out through the clouds to highlight a small part of the canyon. It is now the new background image on my MacBook laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on this super-awesome blog post: