Saturday, March 21, 2009

Let there be wind...

So this week I have been on spring break and tried to get a little work done around the house.  The most challenging project I tackled this week was installing a ceiling fan in the living room (by myself!)  Putting up a ceiling fan is really an awful task that is very difficult and aggravating to do on your own as you are trying to hold the fan motor up to the ceiling in your right hand while stuffing wires into the downrod with your left hand while standing seven feet in the air on a ladder and then the wires come springing back out and... UGH!   Yet somehow I actually did it... I also painted and installed a ceiling medallion to match the ceiling paint color and add some decorative flair to what would otherwise be a very basic ceiling fan...

The fan above the living room 
(Click photo to enlarge):

The fan and medallion up close:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on this super-awesome blog post: